Intermodal transportation is the method of transporting freight to more than one location utilizing multiple modes of transportation without handling the freight when changing modes. Intermodal transportation uses special trailers which allow the goods to be switched from one transportation mode to the other – while eliminating the necessity for the freight to be removed from the trailer.
Efficient, Fast, Low cost, and Environmentally Friendly
Ekol set itself apart with its service quality by offering efficient, on time, low cost, and environmentally friendly transportation of goods between destinations. It employs a variety of intermodal transportation methods, including road vehicles, Ro-Ro vessels, and trains.
The Intermodal Experience
Ekol combines transportation modes for maximum efficiency, simplifying intermodal concept in the process as:
- It offers premium and guaranteed intermodal services for time-sensitive freights.
- It performs value pricing for lower-value freights, and various types of equipment and service options.
- Customers get to select the most satisfactory option for their freight with a flexible choice of equipment, including 20′, 40′, and 45′ containers, trailers, high-cube containers, and 13.60 trailers.
- The company promises on-time pickup and delivery, thanks to its contracts with distinguished Drayage providers.
- Its home-grown logistics software Quadro tracks customers’ delivery automatically by providing location and status information via e-mail messages or secure internet access.
- More importantly, seasoned customer service personnel rigorously oversee each shipment to ensure consistent and trusted performance, which customers expect from the transportation program.
Take Advantage of Ekol’s Intermodal Services
Ekol provides intermodal services to many world-renowned companies and brands by transporting thousands of trailers, finished goods, and industrial and consumer goods every day. Contact Ekol to learn more regarding the benefits of intermodal transportation.