Management Systems Policies
As part of Management Systems, Ekol pursues quality, occupational health and safety, environment, customer satisfaction, Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSE-S), ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System, and security policies, and undertakes to fulfill its responsibilities in line with the said policies.
Ekol Logistics A.S. guarantees;
- Examining customer relations with a strategic approach, meeting customer needs and keeping customer satisfaction at the highest level for sustainable growth objectives;
- Adapting any innovation in a fast and efficient way because it is the pioneer in its sector and wants to keep this qualification;
- Being one step further than its competitors while applying new business models and improving service quality and variety in order to constantly improve processes;
- Offering eligible solutions by activating employees’ roles in processes;
- For an efficient Quality Management, encouraging the use of “Process Approach” and “Risk Based Thinking” philosophies within the company and sustaining those philosophies as an important element of the company culture.
Ekol Guarantees that;
- Any workers under the age of 18 will not be employed under any circumstances, except in compulsory cases such as internships,
- Employees will be paid in coherent with the market conditions, in line with the market researches carried out every year,
- Not working for a lower wage than the minimum wage limits determined by the laws,
- All employees will be benefited equally from the announced benefits if they comply with the specified conditions,
- Arranging working hours in accordance with the laws and regulations,
- Complying with the overtime work limits and customer hours determined by the laws,
- Pay the overtime by calculating the increased wage determined by the laws,
- No one will be forced to work under any circumstances,
- To respect the right of employees to join a union, to have collective bargaining, and to express themselves freely and democratically,
- To provide equal opportunities to all employees regardless of religion, language, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, marital status, and age,
- To prioritize the peace and happiness of all its employees,
- Any form of verbal, physical, or psychological abuse, pressure, threat, or coercion will be prohibited.
- Constructs safe facilities to protect personnel, subcontractors, visitors and other related parties from the hazards and risks arising from their operations; ensure the comfort and continuity of operating conditions.
- Organizes training programs that increase the awareness of employees, subcontractors, visitors and other related parties in order to carry out all of their activities with a sense of responsibility and an effective approach, and keeps open the participation, incentive and consultation channels in the system.
- Plans occupational health and safety activities and takes measures to protect employees and related parties with a proactive approach when planning their routine/non-routine activities.
- Accepts legal requirements and other requirements as minimum standards and monitors, measures and improves compliance obligations to ensure these standards.
- Takes the necessary precautions to prevent occupational accidents, occupational diseases, injuries and health disorders, and performs its activities with risk mitigating and manageable actions.
- Identify targets to measure the performance of the OHS management system, provide the necessary resources to achieve the targets, review and audit periodically.
- Regularly monitors and measures our emergency equipment and improves its performance with new technologies for the protection of our employees and stakeholders from major accidents such as fires and explosions that may occur during the course of our routine and non-routine activities.
- Aims to continuously improve the competencies of our personnel using the fire safety systems, and prepares them for emergencies with practical applications and drills.
- The company undertakes to create, develop and manage a corporate culture that supports the expected outcomes of the OHS management system with all employees within the organization structure.
In line with its environmental policy, Ekol Logistics strives to leave future generations a cleaner and more liveable environment by protecting the habitat, utilizing natural resources with optimal savings and efficiency, and preventing pollution. Accordingly, it undertakes to:
- Undertakes to encourage people to play proactive roles in environmental efforts with a common sense of responsibility by providing environmental training to all employees from top to bottom,
- Identify at the source the environmental risks that may occur during its operations, and create a system that eliminates and constantly improves them in accordance with legal regulations,
- Measure the corporate carbon footprint in line with recognized standards and always aim for operational excellence with high technology within the scope of emission reduction
- Update fleet investments to reduce carbon emissions and the use of fossil fuels,
- Compared to 2020 base year carbon emissions by 2030: reduce total emissions (Scopes 1, 2, and 3) by 55% per total turnover (tCO2e/turnover EUR), become carbon neutral by 2050, and reduce total emissions from vehicles in Europe by 75% by 2030,
- Follow the important environmental dimensions (increasing the percentage of waste going to recycling, expanding the scope of zero waste, increasing energy efficiency and the percentage share of renewable energy in electricity consumption, increasing efficiency in water consumption, etc.), including the prioritized Sustainable Development Goals, with a target-oriented focus,
- Meet the expectations of internal and external stakeholders towards environmental goals by continuously improving environmental performance,
- Implement a resource management program that includes natural resources and other resources in line with the life cycle perspective while ensuring a sustainable development approach,
- Conducting supplier evaluations to minimize the environmental impact of its goods and services,
- Ensure minimum compliance with all applicable environmental regulations,
- Implement and maintain an environmental management system that complies with the ISO 14001 Standard in parallel with the set goals and objectives.
Ekol is committed to:
- Providing the right solutions to customers’ needs by embracing a strategic approach in its handling of customer relations,
- Understanding its customers with a focus on customer satisfaction,
- Maintaining the highest level of service quality,
- Answering customer complaints within 24 hours as a top priority of superior service quality,
- Resolving customer complaints in an effective and productive manner,
- Considering the importance and significance of informing customers as a priority principle in providing the right solutions during the complaint resolution processes,
- Ensuring legal and regulatory compliance and fulfilling financial responsibilities during the complaint resolution processes,
- Being transparent and impartial, and providing the related resources based on the “confidentiality principle” during the complaint resolution processes, and
- Sustaining its successful track record through the effective use of technology.
- Ekol Logistics undertakes to regard all customer requirements and the laws of the countries in which it operates as a minimum requirement in all stages of its operations,
- strive for constant improvement by proactively endeavoring to ensure service quality, employee health, environmental protection, and safety of customers’ properties and of the persons affected by the processes,
- maintain and improve behavior-based safety system, monitor employee behavior, and provide guidance with feedback as part of the HSE-S Policy,
- prohibit alcohol and drug (medicines which disrupt work performance) use by personnel during working hours, and maintain the current checks to ensure compliance,
- maintain efforts to prevent attempts at sabotage or damage to hazardous goods and to all other goods it renders services for, protect the persons affected by the processes against current risks, and obtain the necessary information from service providers for these operations,
- empower employees to play an active role in the processes; monitor and measure HSE-S processes; and take measures regarding non-compliance and constantly improve on them,
- ensure road, vehicle, load/goods safety in all processes throughout the supply chain.
- Ekol Logistics undertakes to provide support in creating, developing, and expanding the food safety management system policy,
- store and transport safe food products according to customer requirements,
- explain and instill the food safety policy in personnel at all levels,
- perform work to minimize food safety risks, and guide and train personnel for this purpose,
- keep up and constantly comply with the legal regulations in its services, understand customer demands and expectations, and act accordingly, measure customer requests and demands, and take them into consideration in efforts for improvement,
- set goals to maintain and improve the food safety and management system, and provide the organization with the support and resources necessary to accomplish the said goals.
In line with its personnel, customers, and occupational safety policy, Ekol Logistics undertakes to
- protect the health and safety of its personnel, customers, and the public,
- ensure the safety of the environment,
- create and maintain risk-based emergency action procedures (robbery, civil defense, dissemination-spillage, product callback, and so on) and opportunities for business continuity.
In order to meet the requirements of the BRC Policy for the Global Standards of Storage and Transportation, and to ensure product safety, legality and quality, Ekol undertakes to:
- Give support in creating, developing, and expanding the product safety management system policy,
- Provide product safety in line with customer demands,
- Comply with all the local and national legal provisions, the “BRC S&D Global Standard” conditions, and customer specific requirements, in order to ensure product safety, quality, and legality during the execution of these processes,
- Follow innovations closely with the goal of continuous development and continuously reviewing and providing sustainability for all processes,
- Minimize product safety risks, and guide and train personnel for this purpose,
- Train employees at all levels on product safety issues and product safety policy, and ensure that the policy is adopted by all employees,
- Set goals for maintaining and improving the product safety and management system, and provide the necessary support and resources for the organization to accomplish these goals.