Management Systems Policies
As part of Management Systems, Ekol pursues quality, occupational health and safety, environment, customer satisfaction, Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSE-S), ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System, and security policies, and undertakes to fulfill its responsibilities in line with the said policies.
Ekol Logistics guarantees;
- Examining customer relations with a strategic approach, meeting customer needs and keeping customer satisfaction at the highest level for sustainable growth objectives;
- Adapting any innovation in a fast and efficient way because it is the pioneer in its sector and wants to keep this qualification;
- Being one step further than its competitors while applying new business models and improving service quality and variety in order to constantly improve processes;
- Offering eligible solutions by activating employees’ roles in processes;
- For an efficient Quality Management, encouraging the use of “Process Approach” and “Risk Based Thinking” philosophies within the company and sustaining those philosophies as an important element of the company culture.
Ekol Guarantees that;
- Any workers under the age of 18 will not be employed under any circumstances, except in compulsory cases such as internships,
- Employees will be paid in coherent with the market conditions, in line with the market researches carried out every year,
- Not working for a lower wage than the minimum wage limits determined by the laws,
- All employees will be benefited equally from the announced benefits if they comply with the specified conditions,
- Arranging working hours in accordance with the laws and regulations,
- Complying with the overtime work limits and customer hours determined by the laws,
- Pay the overtime by calculating the increased wage determined by the laws,
- No one will be forced to work under any circumstances,
- To respect the right of employees to join a union, to have collective bargaining, and to express themselves freely and democratically,
- To provide equal opportunities to all employees regardless of religion, language, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, marital status, and age,
- To prioritize the peace and happiness of all its employees,
- Any form of verbal, physical, or psychological abuse, pressure, threat, or coercion will be prohibited.
- Ekol Logistics will transfer information accurately in internal communication, show sensitivity to the use of personal data, and in any announcement or internal communication activity, language, religion, race, gender, etc. undertakes not to discriminate in any matter.
- Ekol undertakes to ensure that it shall share accurate information transparently, protect the personal data of its customers, align the personal comments made by company employees and comments made on behalf of the Company and that it shall not discriminate against anyone based on language, religion, race, gender and so on in its announcements and external communication efforts.
- Ekol Logistics undertakes to provide equality of opportunity with ethical principles, regardless of religion, language, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, marital status, age in recruitment.
- Ekol Logistics undertakes that the rights of Minorities and Indigenous Peoples will be respected.
- Constructs safe facilities to protect personnel, subcontractors, visitors and other related parties from the hazards and risks arising from their operations; ensure the comfort and continuity of operating conditions.
- Organizes training programs that increase the awareness of employees, subcontractors, visitors and other related parties in order to carry out all of their activities with a sense of responsibility and an effective approach, and keeps open the participation, incentive and consultation channels in the system.
- Plans occupational health and safety activities and takes measures to protect employees and related parties with a proactive approach when planning their routine/non-routine activities.
- Accepts legal requirements and other requirements as minimum standards and monitors, measures and improves compliance obligations to ensure these standards.
- Takes the necessary precautions to prevent occupational accidents, occupational diseases, injuries and health disorders, and performs its activities with risk mitigating and manageable actions.
- Identify targets to measure the performance of the OHS management system, provide the necessary resources to achieve the targets, review and audit periodically.
- Regularly monitors and measures our emergency equipment and improves its performance with new technologies for the protection of our employees and stakeholders from major accidents such as fires and explosions that may occur during the course of our routine and non-routine activities.
- Aims to continuously improve the competencies of our personnel using the fire safety systems, and prepares them for emergencies with practical applications and drills.
- The company undertakes to create, develop and manage a corporate culture that supports the expected outcomes of the OHS management system with all employees within the organization structure.
Ekol Lojistik A.Ş., in line with its environmental policy, strives to leave future generations a cleaner and more livable environment by protecting the habitat, using natural resources with optimal savings and efficiency, and preventing pollution. Accordingly, it undertakes to:
- Pioneer long-term improvement efforts in the logistics industry in cooperation with the relevant Ministry departments, universities, and association administrations; and establish cooperation and dialogue between organizations;
- Embrace the sustainable logistics management system at Ekol, and establish the required coordination and integration between all departments;
Encourage people to play proactive roles during all environmental efforts with a sense of shared responsibility by providing environmental training to all personnel from top to bottom;
Identify at the source the environmental risks that are associated with our operations, and create a system that recycles, dispose of, and constantly improves them in accordance with legal regulations;
Collect all hazardous and non-hazardous waste at our facilities and locations using suitable equipment in compliance with the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and zero-waste practices, store them in temporary storage areas, and ensure their disposal or recycling;
Within the scope of the sustainable development goals: improve the efficiency of water management from a governance perspective, protect water as a strategic resource, use water resources efficiently, instill a sense of quality in all stakeholders of water, and comply with the national water action plans;
Measure the corporate carbon footprint in line with recognized standards and always aim for operational excellence with high technology within the scope of emission reduction,
Update fleet investments to reduce carbon emissions and the use of fossil fuels,
Compared to 2020 base year carbon emissions by 2030: reduce total emissions (Scopes 1, 2, and 3) by 55 percent per total turnover (tCO₂e/turnover EUR), become carbon neutral by 2050, and reduce total emissions from vehicles in Europe by 75 percent by 2030,
Follow the important environmental dimensions (increasing the percentage of waste going to recycling, expanding the scope of zero waste, increasing energy efficiency and the percentage share of renewable energy in electricity consumption, increasing efficiency in water consumption, etc.), including the Prioritized Sustainable Development Goals, with a target-oriented focus,
Respond to the internal and external stakeholder expectations regarding the environmental goals while continuously improving their environmental performances, and closely follow sub-supplier efforts on sustainability and waste management to increase their environmental performance and to cooperate to this end;
Implement a resource management program that includes natural resources and other resources in line with the life cycle perspective while ensuring a sustainable development approach,
Conducting supplier evaluations to minimize the environmental impact of its goods and services,
- To comply, taking the existing regulatory framework as a bare minimum, with all applicable environmental regulations,
To prevent any waste generated during our operations from polluting the environment and make efforts to prevent pollution, To record corrective and preventive actions taken and ensure compliance with relevant legal procedures by monitoring and reporting.
Consider the environmental impacts in all large-scale construction investments and improvements, and carry out purchasing processes and related operations accordingly;
In line with the goals and targets, ensure the continuity and improvement of actions by implementing a management system in compliance with the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, increase the ratio of facilities holding the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certificate from the current 30 percent to 40 percent by 2025, and to obtain and enforce the Zero Waste Certificate in all facilities; and
Review the policy scope and KPI data once per year by the senior management during a management review meeting (MRM) meeting to be held.
Ekol is committed to:
- Providing the right solutions to customers’ needs by embracing a strategic approach in its handling of customer relations,
- Understanding its customers with a focus on customer satisfaction,
- Maintaining the highest level of service quality,
- Answering customer complaints within 24 hours as a top priority of superior service quality,
- Resolving customer complaints in an effective and productive manner,
- Considering the importance and significance of informing customers as a priority principle in providing the right solutions during the complaint resolution processes,
- Ensuring legal and regulatory compliance and fulfilling financial responsibilities during the complaint resolution processes,
- Being transparent and impartial, and providing the related resources based on the “confidentiality principle” during the complaint resolution processes, and
- Sustaining its successful track record through the effective use of technology.
- Ekol Logistics undertakes to regard all customer requirements and the laws of the countries in which it operates as a minimum requirement in all stages of its operations,
- Strive for constant improvement by proactively endeavoring to ensure service quality, employee health, environmental protection, and safety of customers’ properties and of the persons affected by the processes,
- Maintain and improve behavior-based safety system, monitor employee behavior, and provide guidance with feedback as part of the HSE-S Policy,
- Prohibit alcohol and drug (medicines which disrupt work performance) use by personnel during working hours, and maintain the current checks to ensure compliance,
- Ensuring employees’ complete and regular use of Personal Protective Equipment assigned specifically in response to the risks of their respective responsibilities,
- Assessing potential ergonomic and chemical hazards to employees, implementing preventive measures to instill a healthy working environment and working principles,
- Monitoring and measuring the operations performances of all work equipment and machinery used in operations, and ensuring safe operation and use,
- Enforcing safe handling of chemicals and effective management of the incident in case of potential chemical transportation-related emergencies,
- maintain efforts to prevent attempts at sabotage or damage to hazardous goods and to all other goods it renders services for, protect the persons affected by the processes against current risks, and obtain the necessary information from service providers for these operations,
- Empower employees to play an active role in the processes; monitor and measure HSE-S processes; and take measures regarding non-compliance and constantly improve on them,
- Ensure road, vehicle, load/goods safety in all processes throughout the supply chain.
- Ekol Logistics undertakes to provide support in creating, developing, and expanding the food safety management system policy,
- store and transport safe food products according to customer requirements,
- explain and instill the food safety policy in personnel at all levels,
- perform work to minimize food safety risks, and guide and train personnel for this purpose,
- keep up and constantly comply with the legal regulations in its services, understand customer demands and expectations, and act accordingly, measure customer requests and demands, and take them into consideration in efforts for improvement,
- set goals to maintain and improve the food safety and management system, and provide the organization with the support and resources necessary to accomplish the said goals.
In line with its personnel, customers, and occupational safety policy, Ekol Logistics undertakes to
- protect the health and safety of its personnel, customers, and the public,
- ensure the safety of the environment,
- create and maintain risk-based emergency action procedures (robbery, civil defense, dissemination-spillage, product callback, and so on) and opportunities for business continuity.
In order to meet the requirements of the BRC Policy for the Global Standards of Storage and Transportation, and to ensure product safety, legality and quality, Ekol undertakes to:
- Give support in creating, developing, and expanding the product safety management system policy,
- Provide product safety in line with customer demands,
- Comply with all the local and national legal provisions, the “BRC S&D Global Standard” conditions, and customer specific requirements, in order to ensure product safety, quality, and legality during the execution of these processes,
- Follow innovations closely with the goal of continuous development and continuously reviewing and providing sustainability for all processes,
- Minimize product safety risks, and guide and train personnel for this purpose,
- Train employees at all levels on product safety issues and product safety policy, and ensure that the policy is adopted by all employees,
- Set goals for maintaining and improving the product safety and management system, and provide the necessary support and resources for the organization to accomplish these goals.
- We commit to provide equal opportunity in supplier selection without regards to religion, language, race, ethnic origins, disability, gender, marital status, or age;
- To carry out supplier relations and business in an honest, fair, impartial, transparent, and professional manner;
- To encourage fair competition and compliance with competition law in supplier business models and processes;
- To not accept any personal gifts, excluding traditional and promotional materials, in relations with suppliers and to comply with the “Ekol Ethics Policy” on the matter;
- To use resources efficiently in procurement processes;
- To prioritize suppliers who value the environment and fulfill their responsibilities towards the environment;
- To opt for environmentally friendly products for company operations;
- To work with suppliers who comply with the Ekol Ethics Policy and observe ethical conditions;
- To coordinate local customers’ sustainable projects with foreign resources and to participate in these projects;
- To invest in renewable technology;
- To use recyclable products;
- To maintain the zero-waste project launched in 2020 to prevent personal waste and highlight the importance of recycling;
- To minimize paper consumption by using technology in the most efficient manner;
- To allocate the minimum number of technological devices in common-use areas for better energy efficiency;
- To consider energy efficiency in all upcoming investments;
- To undertake 100 percent of all responsibilities expected of procurement to achieve Ekol’s “2050 Zero Carbon” target;
- To complete 100 percent of all training programs within the scope of sustainable procurement.
Ekol Logistics manages energy efficiently in all processes throughout the warehouse management and design operations and commits to continuous improvement in Energy Management System and Energy Performance. To succeed in this commitment, it adopts the following principles as policies adjusted to its energy use, and consumption structure and scale:
Comply with the national and international directives to mitigate climate change to protect the environment, reduce energy use, and boost energy efficiency to add value to the low-carbon economy, which is a fundamental pillar of sustainable development.
Develop and implement energy efficiency projects that will contribute to the mitigation of climate change.
Act in compliance with the corporate purpose and context and support the strategic direction of the company and respond to the needs of internal and external clients.
Comply with all applicable legal regulations and other conditions regarding energy use, efficiency, and consumption, and rapidly take any necessary action.
Periodically assess all goals and targets, and allocate the required resources to achieve them.
Design all in-house equipment, systems, and processes regarding energy use, consumption, and efficiency with a view to improving energy performance.
Organize training and briefing sessions to raise awareness of efficiency among employees, reduce losses and leaks, and ensure energy efficiency.
Provide any necessary support to purchase energy-efficient goods and services that might impact energy performance.
Achieve a minimum of 30 percent renewable energy use ratio in storage facilities by 2030 compared to the 2020 baseline.
Maintain and implement as the corporate culture the Energy Management System that is periodically reviewed, assessed, and improved by the senior management.
Document, continuously review, and update when necessary the Energy Policy to ensure the continuity of the system.
Ekol will comply with the laws, regulations and ISO 27001 Information Security Management System standard while carrying out its activities, continuously develop and improve the management system in place, and ensure the confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of information;
- Identify information security objectives and activities, plan, implement, control and control the management system within the company and ensure continuous improvement of the system,
- In accordance with the information security management system standard, to determine, document and ensure continuous improvement of policies and procedures,
- To ensure the uninterrupted continuation of our business activities and the information security of all our information assets,
- Identify our operational and information assets, initiate actions to minimise risks as a result of relevant opportunity and risk assessments,
- In the event of a breach identified in the information security management system, to initiate and follow the relevant processes and to carry out studies to reduce the incidents of breach,
- Defence of information assets against attacks and malicious software that may occur in the cyber environment,
- Trainings to follow current technologies and innovations in the company regarding information security, to develop solutions, to develop competence in order to increase in-house information security awareness,
- Announcing the policy to stakeholders, making it accessible, keeping it up to date,Guarantees.